A Jolly Good Book – 1871 (Traditional – Old English Song)
Oh for a book and a shady nook,
Either indoor or out;
With the green leaves whispering overhead,
Or the street cry all about.
Where I may read all at my ease,
Both of the new and old;
For a jolly good book whereon to look,
Is better to me than gold.
Hello and welcome to my monthly journal. A place for me to share with you five points of interest. Things that have provided joy, enlightenment, beauty and fun. This month, my new book promotion, a fantastic fundraising auction event for my granddaughter’s school, book reviews and more…
- I am happy to report that my book Samba on a Snowy Day is part of a fantastic bargain hunters sale — my e-book is priced at $.99 cents across all platforms. Of course, buying it directly from me through this link is best. “Children’s Books For Christmas“. most of the featured E-books are on sale, but only for a limited time.
- November has been a productive month for books. I attended my first book fair, Richmond Hill Public Library hosted Indie Author Day on November 5th. My sincere gratitude for being accepted to share my children’s books with all the folks who dropped by. I had my best sales day at this event. Just great! I can’t wait to do it again next year.
- This month I have been very busy working on multiple projects. I am working on the translation of Samba book 1 into French. I believe there is a need for more bilingual books. Pascaline De Bras has the honours of doing the actual translation. A copy editor and proofreader will be involved for the accuracy of text and grammar. I will put it all together with the help of illustrator, Joshua Miller so that we have the best-translated book possible.
- Meeting members of the Writers Community of York Region at the recent Indie Day Book Fair, including award-winning author Douglas Smith, was an awesome experience. I bought his book, I’m in the process of reading it now, The Wolf at the End of the World, and he signed it too. Meeting author Stephanie S. Cheung and I got one of her books too, Mac Learns to Roar: A Mindfulness Book for Kids and Animals, she signed it for my granddaughter. It is going to make a great Christmas gift. I get to read the book in the meantime, see my review of this awesome book under my Children’s Book Reviews.
- My granddaughter’s school is putting on a fundraising event with an amazing auction of awesome goods. And my book bundle, a value of $90.00 – starting bid $25.00, including signed hardcover copies of Samba on a Snowy Day, Samba in Brazil, and Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends are bundled together and awaiting your bid. Better hurry, the bidding ends November 30th. Good luck!
Thank you for reading, if you enjoyed my newsletter please pass it along. My next newsletter will be issued in mid-December rather than at the end of the month. Remember to get out to your local library, ask for my books, or visit your favorite bookstore and get some great children’s books.
Until next time stay well, stay safe and keep going.
Copyright © 2022 Paul Yanuziello, PNJ Services, All rights reserved.