“Let us come alive to the splendor that is all around us and see the beauty in ordinary things.” Thomas Merton
Hello, and welcome to my monthly journal, where I share five points of interest with you. This month is mostly about holiday sales. E-books and a cover reveal for my book Samba on a Snowy Day, translated into French, my ear candy, and more.
1. The featured photo is the new cover for Samba par une Journée Enneigée Cover design and illustrations by Joshua Miller, translated to French by Pascaline Le Bras. I am hopeful that the book will be published at the end of December. Perhaps it will be part of a boxing day sale.
2. My collection of e-books is available as part of the Smashwords 2022 End of Year Sale! 25% off the regular price. Find your next favorite book this month at smashwords.com and follow @smashwords for more promos like this! #SmashwordsEOYSale #ebook #sale #books2read #indiebooks.
3. My promotion Children’s Books For Christmas Gifts is still happening and ends December 24th, so hurry over to the site and pick up my e-book Samba on a Snowy Day, on sale. There are some great children’s books available, so stock up.
The Kindness Kangaroo Library featured Samba on a Snowy Day during a recent cold and snowy day; gather around and listen to the story as told by author Sandra Wilson.
4. I have done lots of writing this month, book designs and layout and generally speaking, spending time in front of my computer screen. Listening to great music has helped me stay focused.
Thanks to Kenny Werner, I heard about an album by Toots Thielemans, a chromatic harmonica master, entitled The Brazil Project. This is a live performance from Umbria Jazz Festival. The album features many fantastic Brazilian musicians.
5. Speaking of Kenny Werner, someone who played with Toots on many occasions, I recently attended an online master class with him. A fantastic class and the motivation for me to buy his book Effortless Mastery.
I am just getting into it, and I’m enjoying the messages and stories that relate to the mastery of anything you set your intention to.
All my books are available at your favorite bookstores; support local bookstores and authors with your online purchases. Make sure you get out and about this winter. Visit a bookstore or the library and pick up some books. If you’re looking for a great early reader chapter book, get my book Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends. Or one of my picture books, Samba on a Snowy Day or Samba in Brazil.
Happy holidays! Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2022 Paul Yanuziello, PNJ Services, All rights reserved.