“circles of trust — are a rare form of community –
one that supports rather than supplants the individual quest for integrity – that is rooted in two basic beliefs.
First, we all have an inner teacher whose guidance is more reliable than anything we can get from a doctrine, ideology, collective belief system, institution, or leader.
Second, we all need other people to invite, amplify, and help us discern the inner teacher’s voice.”
– Parker Palmer –
Hello all and welcome. This week I share with you some great music, my take on the Oscars, the movies worth watching and more…
1. The Oscars; the 93rd annual Academy Awards happened on Sunday and it made history. Some notable firsts included the first all-Black producing team nominated for best picture. The first time two actors of Asian descent got the nod for best actor and the first year two woman were nominated for best director. For all the details: read about it at Oscar Central.
2. The above quote from Parker Palmer resonates with me. I have listened to his podcast and like what I hear, An Undivided Life.
3. My children’s creative writing workshop went well. There were about twenty-five children and they were super engaged. I had them creating characters, settings, themes and plots. The children came up with some fantastic ideas.
I came up with a couple of ideas for stories. Combining my reading of the Samurai and the Dragon King and the inspirational comments from the kids. My next book is in my head, with some key points on my notepad.
My next workshop, May 6th, 4:30 – 5:30 P.M put on by East Gwillimbury Public Library.
This workshop will give children an opportunity to come up with some ideas for their own stories and they can submit them to the library as part of the EGPL annual Write On, 2021 – competition.
The workshop is open to all children between the ages of 7 – 12. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
4. What I was watching this week, more of Oscar winner Francis McDormand – no, not Nomadland — Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. It is a movie I had not seen and McDormand shines.
5. I have completed my marketing course, Starting From Zero by David Gaughran. I recommend the course as it gives you some good ideas, insights and techniques to help you sell more books. I used the information in the course to set up my first Facebook ad for one of my books.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone you know would enjoy my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out my new book, Samba in Brazil; on sale for a limited time.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.