“If you’re brave enough to do what you love, every day could be the best day of your life.”
The featured image is courtesy of S. Hermann & F. Richter from pixabay.com.
Hello all and welcome to my weekly journal where I share with you 5 points of interest, things that helped get me through the week.
1. This week I communed with Nature. My new place is in Feversham, Ontario and it backs onto a river; Beaver River.
I saw lots of nature there; fish jumping, a wide variety of birds, a family of ducks and a family of geese.
Most of my time was spent driving back and forth and moving furniture. A two-hour drive in a rental moving van. After three days of moving, I can finally say it’s a done deal.
I am looking forward to exploring the Grey Highlands and becoming one with my Feversham sanctuary.
2. My children’s book promo for Samba in Brazil continues for one more week. The holiday summer reading series includes 19 great Ebooks, get your Free Children’s Ebooks, the promotion ends on June 12th.
3. Talking about books, I am reading The Book of Ichigo Ichie: The Art of Making the Most of Every Moment, the Japanese Way by Hector Garcia, Francesc Miralle.
And, I’m listening to another book on Audible.Ca; The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy; How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon.
I am a fan of Austin Kleon and I consider his work inspirational. “The immature artist imitates. Mature artist steal.” Austin Kleon
4. This week I had a little spare time to consult with illustrator Joshua Miller. We had a Zoom meeting, a great virtual meeting.
I asked Joshua to create twenty illustrations for my Scratchy the squirrel story. We kicked around ideas based on the chapter titles.
5. My listening pleasure this week; mostly Canadian. The music of bassist, composer, producer and bandleader Roberto Occhipinti. His musical projects can be found at Modica Music.
I am especially fond of his work with Hilario Duran, Luis Deniz, David Virelles and drummer extraordinaire, Dafnis Prieto.
My favourite albums; A Bend in the River, Stabilimento and Yamaya.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone you know would enjoy my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out my new book, Samba in Brazil; Paperback version, on sale for a limited time.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.