“I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness.
It’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practising gratitude.” Brené Brown
Hello all and welcome to my weekly journal. A place for me to share with you 5 things that interested me, got me excited or helped to make the week flow. My featured photo was taken after this weeks snowfall, from the bridge overlooking the river.
1. This week I joined in the celebrations of St. Cecilia, patron saint of music and musicians.
I also joined in the celebrations of my cousins to the south wishing all my friends a happy, healthy Thanksgiving.
“In 1621, the Plymouth colonists and the Wampanoag shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.” Courtesy of History.com.
2. My listening pleasure this week, the sounds of musicians who share a birthday with St. Cecilia, Benjamin Britten, Hymn to St. Cecilia, performed by Voces8. Joaquin Rodrigo, his Concierto de Aranjuez played by Mak Grgić.
Gunther Schuller and Wilhelm Friedemann Bach to name but a few, all provided me with wonderful musical gifts.
3. Last week I found out that the show, Tick Tick Boom had its premiere on Netflix Friday evening and I promised a review.
I loved it. If you enjoy Broadway-style shows or plays, like Rent, by Johnathan Larson, you will likely enjoy Lin Manuel Miranda’ (Hamilton) take on the life of Johnathan Larson.
4. I am reading and re-reading a book by Michael A. Singer, “the untethered soul” there are snippets of shared life advice that are profound.
No matter what stage of spiritual discovery you may be at, there is something to think about in this mans writing.
To get a good idea check out a podcast by Michael Singer called, The Michael Singer Podcast – Sounds True; something I’ve been listening to, on and off all this week. It’s a free podcast, actually 5 of them.
5. Grammy Award Nominations 2022 were announced Tuesday the 23rd. Some of my favorite artists were among the nominees, names like Jon Batiste, Terence Blanchard, Chick Corea, Tony Bennet, Kurt Elling and Nnenna Freelon to name a few of the artists.
Some fantastic performances, check out my youtube playlist: Kurt Elling and Charlie Hunter: Super Blue, The Seed Jon Batiste – I Need You
Thank you for reading. If you think someone you know would enjoy my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out my new book, Samba in Brazil; Paperback version, on sale for a limited time. And the Portuguese version, Samba no Brasil, both of my Portuguese books are now available as a set.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.