Hello all, welcome to my weekly journal. This is where I share with you what I’ve been up to during the week. Five points of interest that will offer some inspiration and or motivation.
This week, Antonio Serrano and the chromatic harmonica, Ice Hotels, my weekly journal, to become a monthly journal and more…
1. The featured photo is of the Arctic Snow Hotel in Finland, the inspiration for the setting of my new children’s picture book about the ongoing adventures of Samba the Bernese Mountain Dog.
2. This week I spent time with chromatic harmonica player Antonio Serrano. Picking up some inspiration from his masterclasses.
Speaking of classes; I have started teaching karate on a part-time basis at Black Tiger Karate in Toronto. I have taken on a few private students and I am starting to get busy.
That being said, I have decided to change from a Weekly Journal to a Monthly Journal. My next issue will be published on Friday, May 27th and thereafter on the last Friday of each month.
3. Into the woods–Earth Day was founded on April 22nd of 1970. I became a dedicated Earth Day observer then and I have remained committed for the past 52 years.
4. My manuscript for my middle-grade chapter book is coming along nicely. I am getting great feedback from my beta readers and I can’t wait to start working on some illustrations to enhance the story.
5. RIP Romanian pianist Radu Lupu who died at age 76. His manager, Jenny Vogel, told NPR that he died “peacefully at his home in Switzerland from multiple prolonged illnesses” this past Sunday evening.
Lupu recorded much of the world’s favourite piano repertoire to great critical acclaim, with two Grammy Award nominations and one win in 1996.
Thanks for reading, if you think someone you know would like to read my newsletter please share it with them.
If you are looking for a great children’s book check out one of my books, including my new children’s early reader chapter book, now available at Indigo/Chapters Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends. The paperback version is on sale only for a couple more weeks.
Or one of my other children’s picture books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve. Or you may enjoy Samba in Brazil or the Brazilian/Portuguese version Samba no Brasil.
All of my books are now available and on sale at BookShop.org, (only U.S. shipping) plus you will support local bookstores with your online purchase.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2022 Paul Yanuziello, PNJ Services, All rights reserved.