“Music makes the world go round.”
Welcome and happy holidays to all. In this weeks journal, I share music, more music and my year-end reading list.
1. A friend recently asked me to recommend some jazz music. He indicated he was new to jazz and he wanted an idea of what to listen to and what would give him a good idea of what jazz is. My list of the top 50 jazz albums, or at least some of my favourites.
That, of course, begs the question of what is jazz? Famed bebop pianist, Dr. Barry Harris put it like this when I asked him that very question. “I don’t know!”
2. My end of year list for the best new recordings, honourable mentions and most listened to recordings.
3. The books that got me through a COVID-19 year. What I am reading now and books I keep coming back to for reference.
The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B.White. Every writer should read this book.
4. This week I celebrate the birth of Ludwig van Beethoven. Happy 250th maestro.
5. The best Holiday Movies: A Christmas Story, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, and of course A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim.
Those are a few of my favourite things.
Thanks for reading, if you think someone you know would like my newsletter please share it with them.
If you’re looking for a great children’s book, check out my book, Samba on a Snowy Day. Available in most good book stores including Chapters – Indigo stores.
Please consider a contribution to our next book project; scheduled for February of 2021. You can contribute by buying me a coffee, just swing by Ko-fi.com. You know I appreciate my coffee and every coffee really helps us out. If you’re interested in an advanced reading copy let me know. We are happy to trade an e-book for an honest review at Goodreads or Amazon.
Check out my weekly journal, follow the link to subscribe. Get the weekly happenings in your inbox, no spam I promise.
Copyright © 2020 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.