September 25 . Issue #57
In this weeks newsletter, the autumnal equinox, new book releases, new music and more…
A Week In My Life
A weekly newsletter that gives you 5 personal interests that I share with you.
1. The first day of fall arrived on Tuesday, September 22, the autumnal equinox. The changes in the seasons are just another way to enjoy nature. Speaking of nature, here is a new book I just snapped up; it’s a free e-book for a limited time, What Wonders Await Outside by Justine Avery, Illustrations by Liuba Syrotiuk. The watercolour illustrations are magnificent.
2. New book releases, ready for the new season including some by my favourite authors. Alexander McCall Smith, Joanne Harris, Emma Donoghue and Aislin Hunter are all celebrating new book releases. If none of those authors is for you, I found a few more; here’s a long list of books coming out this fall.
3. Not only authors work through worldwide pandemics, but musicians also have to keep busy and quite a few have been. New CD releases by some of my favourite musicians, including, Alicia Keys’ Alicia, Raul Midón The Mirror, Harold López-Nussa, Te Lo Dije, Christian Sands, Be Water and Laila Biali, Out of Dust.
4. The seasons, the moon and equinoxes too… Ancient sites alligned with the solstice and equinox.
I have visited one of the 6 ancient sites, Chichen Itza, my memory of that trip includes the Maya calendar (photo below). I have this souvenir mounted in my office; travel memories.
5. Culture Days starts this week, September 25 and runs through to October 25. I am one of the artists in residence for Newmarket Culture Days. Learn more about the Seven Authors from the Writers Community of York Region and check out the presentations. Happy Culture Days 2020 and happy autumn.
Thanks for reading, if you think someone you know would like my newsletter please share it with them. If you’re looking for a great children’s book check what Readers’ Favorites reviewers say about my book, Samba on a Snowy Day.
Please consider a contribution to our next book project by buying me a coffee, swing by Ko-fi.com. Every coffee helps out during these challenging times.
Check out my blog, follow the link, sign in. Get the weekly newsletter in your inbox, no spam I promise.
Copyright © 2020 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.