Hello all, and welcome to my monthly journal. This is a place for me to share 5 points of interest. This month’s journal includes book festivals, love festivals and artisan markets, book promotions, and more …
1. My promotion for Samba on a Snowy Day, book 1 in the Samba Dog series, has ended. Thank you to all of you for checking out my book and for downloading it. If you liked the book and can leave an honest review on Amazon or Goodreads, that would be most helpful.
I have been writing reports/reviews on shows that I have enjoyed seeing. My most recent was published in That Canadian Magazine under my pseudonym, Paul J. Youngman.
Look at my page, “Writing a Review,” for how to prepare a review if in doubt.
2. Regarding promotions, my new children’s book in the Samba Dog series, Samba in Switzerland, is part of an Amazon Kindle Countdown Deal.
Starting May 24th, the ebook price will be set at $1.99 and run until May 27th, 8:00 AM. The price increases to $2.99 and will run until May 31st, 8:00 AM reverting back to $4.99 after that time.
3. If you are out and about in June, stop into the Newmarket Farmers Market, the WCYR – The Bookshelf is hosting a book festival on June 10th. I will be there with all my books, which are on sale. They will sell for 10% less than online or at your local bookstores.
The next book festival for me, Sunday, June 11th, much more than that actually, is the The New Earth Village Love Festival and Artisan Market, it’s up north Loretto way. Featuring a reading by me of my new book, Samba in Switzerland, all my books will be on sale. There will be a drum circle, some Tai Chi, and a guest appearance by musical maestro Chris Assad and much more. Hope to see you there too.
4. Have you seen these little libraries on residential streets? They’re all the rage in Toronto. Well, I have found some great books in them. My most recent, Blacklist by author Sara Paretsky, is my evening read.
As a way of paying it forward, I have been leaving my book Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends in the libraries close to where I’m staying when I am in Toronto.
5. I love teaching kids and learning from them. It’s the reason I started writing children’s books. When I returned from Costa Rica this spring, I stopped in at one of my old training grounds, Dynamic Martial Arts. Paul sensei, the head instructor, allowed me to teach the kid’s class.
I enjoyed it so much that I asked if we could make it monthly. So, now it is, and I look forward to my once-a-month visit to Dynamic Martial Arts to share my passion with the students. The featured photo is of one of the students. Photo credit, by Daniela sensei.
Thank you for reading, and if you know someone who would like to read my journal, please share it with others. All of my books are now available at your favorite bookstores; support local bookstores with your online purchases.
Make sure you get out and about, enjoy the beautiful days. Visit an artisan market, a farmers market or a book festival. If you’re looking for a great early reader chapter book get my book Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends. For the younger ones, my picture books are perfect, Samba in Switzerland, Samba on a Snowy Day or Samba in Brazil.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2023 Paul Yanuziello