“Linger longer in the unrepeatable present.”
– Dorothy Harsen
Hello all and welcome to my weekly newsletter. A place where I share 5 points of interest, things that inspired, motivated or simply made me feel some joy. Hopefully, something will be here for you to enjoy too.
1. World Ocean Day happened this week, something that I feel close to even though I am so far from the Ocean. It still affects me and I do all I can to help protect the World’s Oceans.
With oceans in mind, I wrote a children’s story about a few zany Sea Dragons and an Octopus. (photo courtesy of National Geographic)
2. Italian Heritage Month, I love my Italian heritage and celebrate it all the time but especially this month. In honour of the occasion, I am going to dine at an Italian restaurant in downtown Toronto with the family. The restaurant, one of my favourites, Bella Vista Trattoria and Wine Bar.
Friday, June 11th, Toronto is allowing the opening of outdoor patios for dining. A first for many of us after many months of emergency lockdown, our third during this World pandemic.
3. Euro cup soccer, the beautiful game. Are you a fan of any of the European teams? Of course, Italy is my favourite team followed by Germany and then Spain.
Italy plays Turkey Friday, June 11th, 3:00 P.M EST. Viva Squadra Azzurra!
4. This week I started reading Subtle Energy: Awakening to the Unseen Forces in Our Lives by William Collinge. A fascinating read.
With interesting stories and simple exercises, offering clear, basic descriptions of feng shui, chakra theory, ayurvedic medicine and other ancient energy sciences.
Collinge helps readers to discover and explore their own energy fields and the ways that awareness of these fields can improve their health, relationships and overall happiness.
5. This week I am watching a solar eclipse, there are some fantastic photographs of the event that occurred on the morning of June 10th; this one, over the city of Toronto.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone you know would enjoy my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out my new book, Samba in Brazil; Paperback version, on sale for a limited time.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.