Hello all and welcome to my weekly journal. Happy Earth Day. The featured photo, a crab apple tree, in full bloom. And today it’s snowing as I write this and all the blooms are blowing away.
1. My children’s creative writing workshop at Markham Public Library is fully booked. I am looking forward to reading a story based on “Japanese Fairy Tales” and a portion of my new book Samba in Brazil.
The theme of this year’s Earth Day is “Restore The Earth” and for my creative writing workshop too.
I have signed on to host a virtual children’s karate program for one of the community centres I work with. That’s another thing I am eager to get started on. That will be starting May 4th and running to June 7th, every Tuesday from 4 – 5 P:M.
2. My routine of Morning Pages, writing 3 pages of text, a stream of consciousness continues. I do believe it is unlocking something, creativity or better penmanship, whatever it is the writing is flowing smoothly.
I have started reading Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now.
This week I was inspired by a talk Tolle gave last year; ‘Become Awake Now‘ and I just happened upon his book while browsing my daughter’s library.
3. The music that inspired me this week, bluesman Sean Costello, a fantastic musician, a shooting star that burnt out way too soon.
I found myself listening to some New Orleans jazz, inspired by a show I enjoyed immensely, Treme. Musicians who appeared on the show: Dr John, Lou Donaldson, Terrance Blanchard and many others.
4. What I am watching this week is a cool mini-series with, Francis McDormand: Olive Kitteridge, winner of a few awards back in 2014.
5. I happened to get out into the country this week. What a totally different vibe. A much more relaxed and easy-going pace. And the creatives, the wood carving below was on a patio.
Nina and I followed the signs for honey, we needed honey and what better place than a manufacturer in the north country.
We ended up at a farmhouse, a box on the porch indicated; Osprey Bluffs Honey. Inside the box – two sizes of Honey, a small bottle and a large bottle. The price was indicated on each and there was a cash box. We took a bottle of Honey and deposited the cash.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone you know would enjoy my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out my new book, Samba in Brazil; on sale for a limited time.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.