September 11 . Issue #55
In this weeks newsletter: reminiscing on a day of infamy, listening to trio music, preparing a creative writing course and more…
A Week In My Life
A weekly newsletter that gives you 5 personal interests that I share with you.
1. This week like every week around this time I reminisce about a day of infamy. Something I will never forget; that day that will live on — 9/11, September 11, 2001, the attack on the USA. Other dates which will live in infamy; December 7, 1941; the date very quickly became shorthand for the Pearl Harbor attack, in much the same way that November 22, 1963, became associated with the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
2. My children’s book is now available at a leading Canadian bookstore; Indigo/ Chapters has my book, Samba on a Snowy Day, available for you to order in paperback and hardcover versions. I hope to have some physical copies available in the stores in the very near future.
3. My listening pleasure this week: good music that runs the gamut; from blues to classical, with everything in between. I played in a power rock trio once, Snowaxe. I love trio music, the heavy rock trios, like Hendrix and Cream and the heavy jazz trios like Keith Jarrett’s Standards Trio with Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette and Bill Evans Trio with Scott LaFaro and Paul Motian. The great bassist Gary Peacock passed away September 4, 2020; age 85; Rest in Power maestro.
4. My eye candy this week is all about TIFF – the Toronto International Film Festival and some of the best bets for awards and feature films. I have always wanted to attend and this year it’s so easy, less crowded and no mask required if I watch from home.
5. I am working on developing a program for children to help fire the creative juices. Kindle Creativity: a workshop for children authors; a chance to develop stories, to have fun and to create wonderful fiction.
Thanks for reading, if you think someone you know would like my newsletter please share it with them. If you’re looking for a great children’s book check what Readers’ Favorites reviewers say about my book, Samba on a Snowy Day.
Please consider a contribution to our next book project by buying me a coffee, swing by Ko-fi.com. Every coffee helps out during these challenging times.
Check out my blog, follow the link, sign in. Get the weekly newsletter in your inbox, no spam I promise.
Copyright © 2020 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.