“Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.”
Salvador Dali (11 May 1904 – 23 January 1989)
Hello all and welcome; in this weeks newsletter, surrealists, antiques, karate and more …
1. Dali is one of my favourite surrealist artists and one of his most popular paintings is his rendition of the last supper. This article from artnet.com reveals some interesting details on his design technique.
For more Dali, you can visit The Dali Theatre-Museum, take a virtual tour. I found it fascinating.
M.C. Escher is another favourite surrealist artist of mine. The featured painting or in this case print hangs in my recreation room, home-dojo. A gift from a close friend.
2. I taught karate all this week, 4 different children’s classes and about 3 hours each day. Great fun, good exercise and a chance to do something different for a change.
How martial arts, especially karate, can improve your child’s life according to this report in Psychology Today Magazine.
Wednesday, February 24th is Pink Shirt Day and I did my part to help with anti-bullying during my karate class. The dojo-kun is a good start.
3. Press releases, advertising campaigns, virtual book tours, book readings and promoting my new books. Books, yes I have two new books that I released this month. Samba in Brazil and a translated version of Samba on a Snowy Day entitled Samba em um Dia de Neve.
4. Have you noticed antiques are not what they once were. It used to be solid wood, old furniture, could hold its original value.
My partner Nina and I have put our dining room suite up for sale. Some folks are giving them away. The age of downsizing.
We have relocated temporarily to Toronto. Now we are walking the beltline and it is a new extraordinary experience.
5. My reading this week a couple of children’s book. Great fun! More Harry Potter and something new. Milo and Cat, Right Before Sleep by Miro Tartan.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone would enjoy the newsletter please share it with them.
If you are looking for a fun children’s book check out one of my books. Samba on a Snowy Day, Samba em um Dia de Neve or my new book, Samba in Brazil.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.