Some things that interested me this week, and I hope will be of interest to you too.
Here are my five items, links or suggestions that should get you some inspiration and information.
1. Fall and the leaves are doing just that, falling all over my yard. During one of my forest bathing outings, I caught sight of a cool bee hive.
It made me think of bees and honey. When I was in grade school one of my favourite projects was on bees, wasps, hornets and the like. I remember having this huge wall poster in my room that was a photo of the inside of a honey bee’s nest. So cool, I would dream of buzzing bees. Whenever I go to a farmers market I pick up some fresh honey, Nectar of the Gods.
2. A book I read recently and enjoyed, The Secret Life of Bees, by author Sue Monk Kidd, I understand it’s a movie too, released in 2008. Where was I when this movie was a big deal? I must rent this and see if it comes close to being as good as the book. The trailer looks good. It has a good sound track.
3. The fall colours in Ontario, spectacular. Fall colours – Muskoka and routes north. There is nothing quite like hiking a trail up in the northern Ontario countryside at this time of the year. My recommendation for a fun family outing.
4. This week I listened to a new artist, at least for me, the David Rubel Quartet, Into The Dark a CD with 7 excellent musical tracks. Rubel is a saxophonist, his music is contemporary jazz. His quartet features the piano of Winston Matsushita, Malcolm Connor on bass and Robin Claxton handling the drums. Check out what there up to over at Rubel’s site, davidrubelmusic.com.
5. An author I read, Alexander McCall Smith, and I have mentioned before, has a very successful series of books and I have read a few of them. Recently I signed up to receive his rather infrequent newsletter, he has sent me news, the No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series, volume 20, has officially been released, the title; “To The Land of Long Lost Friends”. Meanwhile I am playing catchup, reading the 4th book in the series, “The Kalahari Typing School for Men”.
Thanks for reading. If you like what you’ve read forward this to someone you think will enjoy it. Check out my blog, follow the link, sign in.
Copyright © 2019 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.