‘Science progresses one funeral at a time.’ Max Planck
Hello all and a warm welcome to you. Let me share with you my five points of interest for this week, as I take joy in the beauty of winter. My first winter in ski country.
The featured photo is a screenshot of my new book cover, created by illustrator Joshua Miller for my children’s early reader chapter book Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends.
1. This week I spent time discovering new music, well new for me. The music of Canada’s first lady of jazz, Eleanore Collins. Thanks to Renee Rosnes, the awesome Vancouver pianist I became aware that Collins was getting a postage stamp. That is Something!
Lullaby of Birdland – Eleanore Collins, recorded in September of 1965.
The Order of Canada performance, at 95, this first lady of jazz is an incredible inspiration.
2. This week I celebrated the birthday of two important people, my daughter Nadia and composer Philip Glass.
Listening to music created by Glass and watching ‘Einstein on the Beach‘ an opera composed by Glass in 1976.
3. World Cup Soccer – I am not a big sports fan but I really enjoy soccer. The European Cup, cheering on my beloved team Azure -Italy – and of course The World Cup.
I am excited about Canada soccer. I don’t want to jinx them but their qualifying record speaks for itself. Canada unbeaten inWorld Cup qualifying.
This week I watched some qualifying soccer games. Canada versus El Salvador – rooting for Canada as they kick their way to Qatar.
4. Speaking of sports and winter sports, in particular, I am excited about the 2022 Bejing Olympics which will be starting on February 4th.
Bobsled, Luge, Skeleton, Snow Board and Alpine Skiing events are all events I can get excited about. The hi-speed, adrenaline-pumping sports take serious determination and a fearless mindset.
5. This week I am reading The Five Levels of Attachment by Don Miguel Ruiz Jr.
A manual for discovering your true authentic self.
Thank you for reading, if you think someone you know would like to read my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out one of my books, including Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends, Samba in Brazil; Paperback version, on sale for a limited time. And the Portuguese version, Samba no Brasil, is now available as a set.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2022 Paul Yanuziello, PNJ Services, All rights reserved.