Hello all and welcome to my weekly journal. In this week’s newsletter, music, books, documentaries and more …
1. The music of bassist Charnett Moffett was on my turntable this week. Charnett Moffett, June 10, 1967 – April 11, 2022, he made his first appearance on record with Branford Marsalis, Scenes in the City, at the age of 16, his playing turned some heads.
I was excited to see Charnett Moffett in a performance with the great pianist McCoy Tyner and some very special guests. A 2006 Toronto Jazz Festival concert that I will remember as one of the best I ever witnessed. And you can read my take on it ‘Enlightenment’ at The Live Music Report (writing as Paul J. Youngman).
2. My recent ARC, Advanced Reader Copy of Scratchy the Squirrel is now complete and my ARC manager has sent me a message: “Hopefully the experience was positive and we see you come back in the future for another ARC, or for any of our other popular author services!
As you may or may not know, one of the things we ask from our readers is if they want to leave any optional comments for the author about their book. Here are the comments left for your book Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends. Thanks again!
- Thank you!!!!!
- I absolutely love everything about this book!
- I enjoyed your story very much. I wish I had had your book when my own kids were early chapter book readers. They would have loved it!
I am very happy with the end result for Scratchy the Squirrel. If any readers would like to become an ARC reader for my next book you can sign up at Hidden Gems or simply drop me a line.
3. I have signed up for the Hot Docs Festival and I am looking forward to watching some of the amazing documentaries running from April 28 to May 8, 2022. This week I watched the award-winning animated documentary Flee.
4. My reading this week has been all about humour and the continuing adventures of the charming Isabel Dalhousie. The 5th book in the series by Alexander McCall Smith, The Comforts of a Muddy Saturday.
5. Should you be in the Collingwood area be sure to check the book store, Read it Again, on the main street and ask for my book, Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends.
So far, my new children’s early reader chapter book is selling on Amazon, Indigo and a few other high-end book stores.
Thanks for reading, if you think someone you know would like to read my newsletter please share it with them.
If you are looking for a great children’s book check out one of my books, including my new children’s early reader chapter book, now available at Indigo/Chapters Scratchy the Squirrel: A Time for Friends. Paperback version, on sale for a limited time.
Or one of my other children’s picture books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve. Or you may enjoy Samba in Brazil or the Brazilian/Portuguese version Samba no Brasil.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2022 Paul Yanuziello, PNJ Services, All rights reserved.