1. Children’s forest school, what a terrific idea and one that I wish had been available when I was in school. I came across this interesting school as I looked into methods that would allow me to get off the grid. I was intrigued with an article I read in the Toronto Star newspaper about tiny houses. I had this ambitious idea to find some property up northern Ontario ways and build or rebuild a stone house.
2. I spent this week working with a designer developing a promotional video for my upcoming book. It’s a 30 second video and I posted it to vimeo. Check it out when you get a chance. The featured photo in this newsletter is of the protagonist of my upcoming book, “Samba on a Snowy Day”, getting ready for a photo shoot or a haircut.
3. Many of my favourite books are the ones that I consider to be reference books. “Karate-Do Kyohan” is such a book, I keep coming back to it for inspiration and motivation. Written by Gichin Funakoshi and translated to English by Tsutomu Oshima, it is a fascinating read for Shotokan enthusiasts or anyone interested in the true spirit of karate, as a way of life. Last week I mentioned another of my reference books, Shinto Muso Ryu Jodo, one of my students was inquiring about the terminology of the basic techniques.
4. I have been checking out some of the Grammy nominees as they were recently announced. A vocalist I really like and have been a fan of since I first head her on pianist Josh Nelson’s 2006 album, Let It Go, Sara Gazarek, she performed vocals on one of the songs “Leaving Here” and I loved her voice. And now she has been nominated for a Grammy in the jazz vocal category. For a list of all the Grammy nominees on this the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards which is scheduled for January 26, 2020, at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
5. Yesterday I succumbed to my craving for Vietnamese noodle soup. Unfortunately most restaurants use Mono Sodium Glutamate (MSG) in their soup. This is something I would like to avoid. However once in a while I partake in a grilled chicken noodle soup.
The one I had from Purple Bubble in Ajax, Ontario was really tasty. Which likely means it had lots of MSG.
Thanks for reading. If you like what you’ve read forward this to someone you think will enjoy it. Check out my blog, follow the link, sign in.
Copyright © 2019 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.