“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” Malcolm X (May 19, 1925; Assassinated: February 21, 1965)
Hello all and welcome. This week celebrating Black History Month, talking real-estate, movies and more …
1. Black History Month is happening in Canada – all month. I celebrate the achievements of my black brothers and sisters. Some events that I am planning to attend Kumba, TD Stories and An Evening with Desmond Cole, author of the bestselling book The Skin We’re In: A Year of Black Resistance and Power.
The Black Church: A WBGO Panel Discussion with some special guests, including one of my favorite gospel singers Lizz Wright.
2. Selling your home during a Pandemic is a strange experience. Meeting people, real estate agents and inspectors while maintaining physical distancing and wearing a mask. A different world we’re living in as you are all aware.
Things are progressing, the market is happening, our home has been spruced up and we are ready to jump in and see how we fair. Wish us luck.
3. My eye candy this week is a feature film starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt; 7500, a 2019 action-thriller film written and directed by Patrick Vollrath. Levitt whose birthday happened this week, on the 17th; his 40th, he puts in an amazing performance.
That led me to check in to the re-runs of 3rd Rock From the Sun, the 1st episode premiered in 1996, Levitt was the young kid with the old soul in this fantastic show.
4. My mother was into dance, she had a dance studio in Toronto “Academy of Dance Arts” and she was the director of a dance company that performed widely. I remembered the name of her Mexican group, “Ballet Folklorico De Mexico”.
When I was sorting through my mother’s record collection I came across a record, the featured photo of this weeks newsletter. Now I know where she came up with the name of her group.
Along with my mom’s record collection, I inherited some of the costumes the company performed in, the dancers in the photo are wearing the “Sanduga” costumes, the same costumes I have in storage.
5. Next week I start teaching karate virtually. I am eager to get back to teaching the children.
My test session with the facility that is hosting me will be happening tomorrow afternoon.
The same facility wants me to do four book readings and we have scheduled those for March.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone would enjoy the newsletter please share it with them.
If you are looking for a fun children’s book check out one of my books. Samba on a Snowy Day, Samba em um Dia de Neve or my new book, Samba in Brazil.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.