Country of Freedom
Country of freedom, be free in thy heart:
Free from the shackles of prisoning pride,
Free from the liar’s contemptible art,
Free from allurements that tempt thee aside,
Free from the crafty and treacherous guide,
Free from the ravening greed of the mart,
Free from the snares that in opulence hide,—
Country of freedom be free in thy heart!
Amos Russel Wells (1862 – 1933)
Hello all and welcome to this weeks journal, where I share with you 5 things that I found to be of interest and I hope you will enjoy it too.
1. This week I worked on my new book trailer for Samba in Brazil.
I also started to plan for the virtual book release party, set for February 14th, the release date of Samba in Brazil and you’re all invited. We’re going to be touring Salvador, Bahia; join us.
This is the start of my new book promotion, timed perfectly for lockdown. Searching for something new to read this year? Look no further! My author friends have teamed up to offer a delightful selection of books, including my book Samba on a Snowy Day. Available for a limited time. “New Year’s Book Giveaway”
2. Our mini – NaNoWriMo of the WCYR writers group that I belong to features some of what was written during the November session.
The featured photo, courtesy of Pixabay was chosen by author M.J. Moores who requested some of our creativity so that she could put together some of her own cool memes.
3. Eye candy for this week; there was plenty, the best one to enjoy with the young ones or even the young at heart, Being Elmo. Do you remember the characters from Sesame Street? Elmo is one of my favourites.
Another interesting and entertaining movie The Trial of the Chicago Seven, very reminiscent of last weeks events in Washington D.C.
4. Audio delights this week were all about the blues, from Howlin’ Wolf to John Lee Hooker and taking in Buddy Guy and Luther Allison too. Joyous blues, “Smokestack Lightning.”
Ontario has declared a state of emergency and it looks like I’ll be working from home instead of a nice video/recording studio.
Back to playing and listening to the blues with one of my favourite harmonica players, Indiara Sfair.
5. My reading interests; The Beloved: Reflections on the Path of the Heart, Kahlil Gibran. This is a wonderful book that is designed to open the heart.
And for what I am writing and rewriting; which is my newest Sci-Fi, comedy-thriller, The Snowaxe Café.
A story about an alien running a coffee shop that caters to the top musicians and artists in the world and provides the best coffee in the universe.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone would enjoy the newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a fun children’s book check out one of my books. Samba on a Snowy Day or my new book, Samba in Brazil.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.