“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” A. Einstein
Hello all and welcome to my weekly journal. A place for me to share with you 5 points of interest, things that I found of interest during the week. Hopefully, you find something of interest too.
1. I have a new book promotion starting on September 11th and I promised to share the promotion and my e-book Samba em um Dia de Neve. This promotion features a collection of some amazing children’s books.
My book, Samba em um Dia de Neve in Brazilian Portuguese will be free for a limited time as part of the promotion. If you are looking for an exciting read in your child’s mother tongue this is the book for you and your child.
2. I started reading a couple of great books, The Natural Way To Draw by Kimon Nicolaides. This one is going to take me a long time to finish, it’s a book that teaches you how to put on paper what you see. Hand-eye coordination; is that part of what artist’s do?
The second book, A Bullet In The Ballet by Caryl Brahms and S.J. Simon; first published in 1937. I have been reading this one strictly for pleasure, a satire on the world of ballet. A humorous story and one that I find inspirational.
Speaking of inspiration, this week I got to hike around beautiful Lake Eugenia, which is where my featured photograph was taken.
3. Last week was all about the great male crooners and this week I wanted to give credit to the great female singers. I listened to many of these singers this week. One of my favourite vocalists’, Sarah Vaughan, Sassy, The Devine One.
And singers influenced by some of these past legends of the song, Cécile McLorin Salvant is another of my favourites. I saw her live in 2019 at the Toronto Jazz Festival, a fantastic performance.
4. This week I got out to a dojo, a training hall. I practised and trained with one of my private students. There is a big difference between training in the park and training in a facility that is designed for training.
I got to kick a heavy bag with full power, play boxer on the speed bag and immerse myself in the vibe of years of martial arts training.
My gratitude goes out to dino sensei and Black Tiger Karate and Martial Arts Dojo.
5. My new book, Scratchy Squirrel – A Time For Friends, is coming together nicely. I have my I’s dotted and my T’s crossed, in other words, my editor is on board with my manuscript on hand and my book designer is fully committed.
I have included a sample chapter for you or your children to read, Chapter 8 – Bumblebee Food.
The project is now scheduled for completion by mid-October and will be ready for release in November.
Send me a message if you would like to receive an Advanced Reader Copy. (email@example.com)
Thank you for reading. If you think someone you know would enjoy my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out my new book, Samba in Brazil; on sale for a limited time.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.