“Compassion is the source of non-violent action, and it brings us inner strength and mental peace. These qualities also bring us more smiles, friendship and harmony.” The Dalai Lama
Hello all and welcome to my weekly journal where I share with you five points of interest. Things that help me get through the week, things to entertain and things that make me happy.
1. This week I am happy to share with you all a promotion that I am involved in. My e-book “Samba em um Dia de Neve” a Portuguese Brazillian translation of book 1 in the Samba Dog series is available for free for a limited time.
Searching for your next favorite children’s story?
Look no further! A group of bestselling children’s authors have teamed up to offer a delightful selection of new children’s books. Available for a limited time so hurry and get yours. Click on the picture or the link and you will be redirected to the promo site.
Link up here for Free Children’s E-Books
2. This week I found a new nature trail. The featured photo is from the Georgian Trail. A 34 KM trail that goes from Collingwood to Meaford.
If you are looking to destress, walking in close proximity to nature is what I recommend.
3. My viewing pleasure this week was a documentary about Bob Ross, the star of the hit television show The Joy of Painting.
I remember watching the show way back in the day and being amazed at how easy he made painting look. A finished, beautiful landscape painting in less than half an hour. The length of each show.
The documentary explores the behind the scenes activity that took place from the point of view of Bob Ross’s son Steve as well as friends and associates.
4. My ear candy was all about the trumpet. It all started with a podcast interview with trumpeter Theo Croker. Getting a taste of his new album and exploring some of the older recordings.
From there I ventured out to Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah.
And then I found a fantastic concert featuring my friend Fabrizio Bosso and the outstanding jazz vocalist Roberta Gambarini in a tribute concert for the amazing trumpeter Roy Hargrove.
5. Work continued on my new project, Scratchy the Squirrel – Make Time For Friends. Meetings with the great illustrator – Joshua Miller and finalizing which of his illustrations will become the front cover.
Please enjoy a sample chapter of Scratchy the Squirrel; chapter 8 – Bumblebee Food.
The project is now scheduled for completion by mid-October and will be ready for release in November.
Send me a message if you would like to receive an Advanced Reader Copy. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for reading. If you think someone you know would enjoy my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out my new book, Samba in Brazil; on sale for a limited time.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.