Hello all and welcome to my weekly journal. This week has been busy, working on two books. A translated version of Samba in Brazil and the new children’s book Scratchy the Squirrel – A Time For Friends.
The featured photo is from a canoeing expedition that I took with friends around Collingwood Harbor at the beginning of the week.
1. This month we celebrate National Book Month. The month-long celebration focuses on the importance of reading, writing and literature. National Book Month is also a time to honour the country’s best books and authors. In mid-October, the National Book Awards announces the year’s 15 finalists.
2. World Teachers Day 2021 – Nine years have passed since UNESCO inaugurated October 5, 1994, as the first World Teachers’ Day.
October 5 commemorates the teaching profession’s contribution to educating the children of the world. Therefore, it is fitting that this year’s World Teachers’ Day theme is “Teachers—Opening Doors to a Better World.”
3. I am listening to the music of the late bassist George Mraz. I just heard the news that this great bassist passed away on September 16, 2021. RIP maestro, I am very happy to have seen Mraz play life on a couple of occasions. Once with his trio and once with the Kenny Barron Trio.
4. Children’s books, are wonderful. I say this not only from the POV, point of view, of a children’s book author but as someone who appreciates a great children’s book.
This week I reviewed a wonderful book, The Mailbox in the Forest by children’s books reviewed.. I posted my review on Amazon.com and I have a copy of it on my page:
5. I am working with my book team to finalize the Brazilian Portuguese translated book, Samba no Brasil. I am trying to pick the cover that we’re going to use for the new cover. What do you think of this one? I like it!
The new book Scratchy the Squirrel – A Time For Friends, is in the process of a minor rewrite after our editor’s review. We are still thinking about a cover page. One of the characters is eager to find out which illustration will become the main cover art.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone you know would enjoy my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out my new book, Samba in Brazil; Paperback version, on sale for a limited time.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.