“There is more to life than increasing its speed.”
– Gandhi –
Hello all, welcome to my weekly journal. This week I share with you music, my new books, writers conferences and more…
1. Working on the marketing side of my books, a new release means lots of extra work uploading the book to the sites that will sell it. There is also the marketing side, setting up promotions and doing some advertising. The newest arrival is Samba no Brasil and it’s on sale at Amazon.com for a limited time.
2. Listening to Madison McFerrin this week and all the McFerrin family including Robert McFerrin Sr.
I was notified of a live podcast featuring Madison McFerrin, I checked it out, she is the daughter of Bobby McFerrin. And she carries on a legacy of vocalizing and does it extremely well. During the podcast, reference was made to a performance of her father’s before she was born. It was in 1986 at the Bratislava Jazz Festival.
A solo performance of Chick Corea’s “Spain” was performed by Bobby McFerrin. An outstanding performance.
3. This week the writer’s group I belong to, WCYR is hosting a writer’s conference. This will be my first writer’s conference. It’s a virtual conference, I wish it was an in-person conference. Hopefully, I come away with tons of great information.
I am also registered for my second Yorkshire Festival of Story, I enjoyed the first one and I came away with a wealth of knowledge in the art of telling a story.
4. What I am watching, well this week I watched the final episode of one of my favorite TV shows, Atypical. The show ran 4 seasons, Created by Robia Rashid. With Jennifer Jason Leigh, Keir Gilchrist, Brigette Lundy-Paine, Michael Rapaport. The show focuses on the life of Sam, an 18-year-old on the autism spectrum.
5. Have a look at Chapter 1: Meet Scratchy, from my forthcoming book Scratchy the Squirrel – A Time For Friends, with fantastic illustrations by Joshua Miller. Due out sometime in late November or early December 2021.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone you know would enjoy my newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a great children’s book check out my new book, Samba in Brazil; Paperback version, on sale for a limited time. And the Portuguese version, Samba no Brasil, now available as a set.
Or one of my other books, Samba on a Snowy Day or the Brazilian/ Portuguese version Samba em um Dia de Neve.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going.
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.