Merry Christmas – Happy Kwanzaa – Happy Holidays
To One And All
Welcome to my Weekly Journal
This weeks 5 things that interested me and I thought might interest you.
1. This week has been all about working on the new book. Co-ordinating with the team, and you know you have to have a team to put out a book.
Consultants, editors, designers, translators and others, including the illustrator. The illustrator, Joshua Miller, the most important person when the book is an illustrated picture book. Gratitude to my team, thank you for all of your help and guidance.
2. To manage the stress and the excitement of a new project it’s always nice to practice Yoga. The Yoga book that I keep coming back to for inspiration is The Yoga Bible, the definitive guide to Yoga postures, by Christina Brown.
Some other Yoga books to inspire, including my reference, the aforementioned Yoga Bible, can be found on the Sports Fitness Advisor site.
3. I will be taking a break from work and from working out for one week during the holidays. And then a forced government lockdown for another month. A perfect time for catching up on some reading.
I have started reading The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer, a book that asks the question; Who are you really? Michael A. Singer speaks with Tami Simon of Sounds True podcasts in this mindful interview that is directly related to COVID-19.
Iai-do or Japanese Swordsmanship is a passion of mine, something that I have trained in since 1990. I have a few Japanese swords, one is for practice, one for cutting targets and an old one for admiring. Some youtube videos of me performing sword maintenance.
A sword book that I am presently reading, The Unfettered Mind, Writings From a Zen Master To A Master Swordsman by Takuan Soho, Translated by William Scott Wilson.
4. This week I spent more time in the kitchen, baking Christmas cookies and banana loaf. I picked one of my favourite cookies, Triple Nut Biscotti, recipe from my cousin Rosemary Molloy, author of the fantastic cookbook, Authentic Italian Desserts.
Rosemary is a food blogger and author of two cookbooks she lives in Italy and she has a site with wonderful authentic Italian recipes, An Italian in My Kitchen. Thank you, cousin.
5. Give me a shout out (email@example.com) if you are interested in ARC’s, Advanced Reader Copies of my new book, Samba in Brazil. All you have to do is agree to provide an honest review on Amazon or Goodreads. I’ll send you a link to download the book so you can read it on your device.
The official release date of Samba in Brazil, February. 24, 2021 and it is available for pre-order from Amazon.
Thank you for reading, stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going. We’ll be back in 2021 with more sharing.
Check out my weekly journal, follow the link to subscribe. Get the weekly happenings in your inbox, no spam I promise.
Copyright © 2020 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.