My first newsletter this year and I am offering you all a free gift. Happy New Year! In this weeks newsletter I let you know about five things that interested me and I thought may be of interest to you too.
1. Happy New Year to all, 2020 – and my prediction, I see a free E-Book in your Epiphany stocking. A book for the children in all of us, my book, Samba on a Snowy Day for you, or for your children. I have joined a group of children’s book authors and we are sharing our books. Follow the link Children’s Books Give Away and get my book, it’s yours – as simple as that.
2. I was asked to recommend books as a part of my author platform at BookBub. My recommended books, Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel) The Cat in the Hat and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. I shared my recommendations on my social media Facebook page. In this day and age of algorithms wouldn’t you know that by the next day I had this popping up on my Facebook page.
The algorithm worked I found out something that actually interested me and off I went to the Liss Gallery to check out the exhibit, the cat behind the hat. As a keepsake I picked up this beautiful coffee table book The Secret Art of Dr. Seuss. The exhibit at the Liss Gallery is excellent and I highly recommend it.
3. New years and resolutions, I’m sure the gyms and fitness places will be filling up with folks jumping on the resolution band wagon. Nothing wrong with that and I wish all those folks well. Resolution: a firm decision to do or not to do something. Goal: the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result. I have decided that for year 2020 I will be setting goals, there is a difference. Resolution is so final. I resolve to quit smoking by such and such a time. This resolution plan almost never works, you have set the bar too high. When you don’t reach your desired goal you get frustrated and likely give up. At least that’s what happened to me all those years ago when I tried to quit smoking. This year I have set goals in specific areas of my life. A financial goal, a health and wellness goal, a relationship goal, a spiritual goal and a personal goal.
4. My favourite moments of 2019, finding a new dojo to practice and teach at, Shingikan Dojo. Connecting with old and new friends and spending quality time with family. Time spent surrounded by nature, up north in Gravenhurst, living off the land, exploring and swimming everyday. Continuing to pursue my dreams of writing and teaching martial arts and last but certainly not least, being with the one I love, Nina; Wife, partner, mother of our children and my best friend.
5. On the topic of love, I have been entertained recently by a show on Primevideo – Modern Love, it is an excellent show. I have only viewed the first three episodes, great story lines and wonderful acting in each of the episodes. And for your listening pleasure a little Wayne Shorter, Emanon. Wayne Shorter is one of my favourite musicians and someone whose performance I have been fortunate to have witnessed. I have also written about his performances on a couple of occasions under my pen name Paul J. Youngman, check out my take on his Toronto performance at Toronto Music Report.
Thanks for reading. If you like what you’ve read forward this to someone you think will enjoy it. Remember to check out my book, Samba on a Snowy Day available at your favourite book store. A fun children’s book for children to read to adults or the other way around. Check out my blog, follow the link, sign in. Get the weekly newsletter in your inbox, no spam I promise.
Copyright © 2020 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.