Hello all! I am back from my up north adventure. Northern Ontario is really quite beautiful in the summer. I managed to go for a therapeutic swim every day, mostly during the early morning, there is nothing quite like it after a strenuous work out.
I visited an outdoor museum aptly named The Tree Museum and as fall is fast approaching, I’m planning a return visit to take in the art amongst the trees, in falls full colour spectrum.
Some things that interested me this week, and I hope will be of interest to you too.
Here are my five items, links or suggestions that should get you some inspiration.
- A tree museum? Who could come up with that idea. It’s the brain child of Founder and sponsor: EJ Lightman. Curators: EJ Lightman and Anne O’Callaghan.With internet services restored I found this information at their home on the web, https://www.thetreemuseum.ca/ “An Outdoor Art Gallery of Site Specific Installations”
- Along the same train of thought, nature, I have picked up on Greta Thunberg and her strike for climate change. Ms. Thunberg is a 16 year old who started a protest movement. Since December, teenagers across Germany inspired by the 16-year-old Thunberg’s climate fight have been marching weekly instead of sitting in classes. I’m all in, and looking for ways to contribute my time and effort. Greenpeace has some advice for the September 27th Strike For Climate Change here: https://www.greenpeace.org/canada
- A musician who inspired me to write about music, Wayne Shorter, check out my review of one of his recent concerts https://torontomusicreport.com/featured/wayne-shorter-quartet-live-in-concert/ and another musician whom I admire for her incredible talent, Esperanza Spalding http://www.esperanzaspalding.com/ are working together to create a new opera, something that promises to be very special, http://www.octopustheatricals.com/iphigenia I must get tickets to this.
- My reading continues with an author I recently discovered, Alexander McCall Smith and another series he has penned. The Sunday Philosophy Club, set in Edinburgh, Scotland and featuring the protagonist Isabel Dalhousie. I am thoroughly enjoying this book and considering a visit to Edinburgh.
- Karate classes have started, I’m teaching children and adults at www.smadojo Shingikan Dojo in Maple, On. I’m also instructing children at a community centre in the city of Markham, as well as one in the town of Stouffville.
Thanks for reading. If you like what you’ve read forward this to someone you think will enjoy it.
Copyright © 2019 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.