Happy New Year 2021
Smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
Whispering ‘it will be happier’…”
Welcome to another year. And hoping this year is far better than the one we say adios to. This week I share with you 5 things that I found interesting and I hope you may find some interest in as well.
1. The big news for me this week, my book Samba in Brazil is complete and has been uploaded to the printers.
Pre-orders are available through Amazon.com. We have a limited number of Samba in Brazil books available and they are at a special pre-order price, but only for a limited time. The official release date is February 21, 2021.
2. The joy of Christmas lingers in the hearts of many people, even though lots of them were doing a virtual Christmas. This was a first for me, not celebrating with my family and friends, and it brought back memories of my childhood Christmas.
3. I started a new book, a fantasy series by Lian Hearn, Grass For His Pillow. A book where the swords have names. My kind of book.
There are a couple of books I read over and over again. One of them is The Beloved, Reflections on the Path of the Heart by Kahil Gibran and the other, The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi.
I always seem to get something new out of these books on each reading. “In all paths, there are some things which can be learned only as one delves deeper and deeper.” Musashi
4. This Christmas eve I spent time watching ballet, “The Nutcracker” a Christmas tradition in our family.
My Christmas present to my wife Nina, which was purchased way before lockdown, a Bobby McFerrin concert at Koerner Hall, in Toronto. Unfortunately, it has been cancelled, rescheduled to this time next year. “Don’t Worry, Be Happy!” McFerrin
5. New Year’s Eve for me has usually been about dining out and celebrating the arrival of a new year in a quiet, peaceful and loving manner.
This year we are locked down and television will be the entertainment of choice. We watched a fun movie, a comedy and we ordered take-out from one of our fave Japanese restaurants, complemented with a fantastic pinot grigio wine.
Thank you for reading. If you think someone would enjoy the newsletter please share it with them. If you are looking for a fun children’s book check out one of my books. Samba on a Snowy Day or my new book, Samba in Brazil.
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong and keep going. Happy New Year!
Copyright © 2021 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.