In this weeks newsletter, birthdays, elections, holiday books and more…
My Weekly Journal
A weekly newsletter that gives you 5 personal interests that I share with you.
1. I have joined a book promotion and it starts this week. E-Books on sale. “The Children’s Books Holiday Sale” a group of award-winning authors offering our books on sale for a limited time.
2. Our friends south of the border have an exciting election happening this week. Thoughts and Prayers that a winner will eventually be declared.
And all I can do is listen to the blues, especially: Sugar Blue.
3. My granddaughter Leila turned 2 years old, we celebrated her birthday on November 2, 2020. What a party!
Innocence, that is what you find with a 2-year-old. I got to hang out with this incredible human being for a wee bit.
We raked up piles of leaves – then I taught her an important lesson. How to roll in the leaves and throw them at each other.
Her excitement at this newly found joyful experience had her laughing uproariously. Literally rolling in the leaves.
4. A couple of firsts for me, not including my adventure with Leila. This week I was up at the crack of dawn; on a Sunday; when I should have gained an hour; back to standard time; hopefully for the last time; so that I could attend a virtual write-in for the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). A fun, pen to the paper approach to creative writing. My goal 50,000 words (this month). I am looking forward to hanging with my writing crew, every Sunday through November.
The second, first for me, sending a manuscript to a publisher. I completed a fun story about an injured bumblebee and the squirrel who nurses her back to health. I am looking for a publisher to give the story that little extra exposure that I believe this story of love, compassion, empathy and friendship deserves.
5. My creative writing course is happening and it’s a hit. As of this week, it will be halfway completed. The attendees will have their short stories well underway. The inspiration – A Celebration.
The young authors are encouraged to write about a celebration, 800 to 1,000 words of creative writing. Upon completion, they may enter the Celebration Creative Writing Contest. The winners receive a fantastic prize and a chance to be published.
If you want me to entertain your group, please get in touch. I am booked November 19th at East Gwillimbury Public Library, Storytelling for Children. A little twist on my Kindle Creativity children’s workshop.
Thanks for reading, if you think someone you know would like my newsletter please share it with them. If you’re looking for a great children’s book, check out my book, Samba on a Snowy Day. Soon to be available in Chapters – Indigo stores in Markham, Richmond Hill and Newmarket.
Please consider a contribution to our next book project; scheduled for February of 2021. You can contribute by buying me a coffee, just swing by Ko-fi.com. You know I appreciate my coffee and in these crazy times every coffee really helps out.
Check out my weekly journal, follow the link to subscribe. Get the weekly happenings in your inbox, no spam I promise.
Copyright © 2020 Paul Yanuziello, All rights reserved.